Radiative Heat Transfer
This Radiative Heat Transfer course allows a comprehensive treatment of Radiative heat.
The course begins with standard optics on Radiative transfer and radiant exchange between surfaces and introduces modern state-of-the-art topics including Radiative properties of gases and particles, P-Approximation, the Monte Carlo method, and the prediction of radiation transfer in absorbing, emitting, and scattering media.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1 : Fundamentals of Thermal Radiation, Introduction, Basic Laws of Thermal Radiation, Introduction to Radiative Properties, Radiative Properties of Opaque Surfaces
- Week 2 : View Factors, Evaluation Methods, Monte Carlo method
- Week 3 : Radiative Exchange between Black surfaces, Radiative Exchange between Gray,Diffuse, Surfaces, Radiative Exchange between Non-Ideal Surfaces
- Week 4 : Equation of Radiative Transfer for participating media
- Week 5 : Solution Methods: Plane-Parallel Slab, Approximate Methods, Method of spherical harmonics and Discrete Ordinate Method.
- Week 6 : Zone method and applications
- Week 7 : Radiative Properties of Participating Media: Gas Properties, particle Properties
- Week 8 : Spectral Models: Wide band model, Narrow-band models, k-distribution models