Principles of Mechanical Measurement
Principles of Mechanical Measurement.
Measurement is always of fundamental significance to practicing engineers. For the development of any mechanical design procedure, experiments are of paramount interest.
Accordingly measurement and correct interpretation of the concerned observation is a necessary part of any standard engineering task and also R&D. Present course will introduce the students to the fundamentals of measurement, discussing various relevant concepts & terminologies.
The mathematical background required to categorize & analyze various measurement devices will be prepared and a very pertinent discussion on digitalization will be presented.
Subsequently several classical and modern procedures for measuring parameters of scientific interest, such as displacement, motion, stress, force, flow, pressure, temperature, etc., will be discussed in detail.
Principles of Mechanical Measurement INTENDED AUDIENCE: Undergraduate students of Mechanical Engg. and similar branches; Faculty member associated with Mechanical Engg.; Practicing engineers associated with production/manufacturing industries.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Introduction to Measurement
- Week 2: Response of Measurement System
- Week 3: Digital Techniques in Measurement
- Week 4: Data Processing
- Week 5: Displacement Measurement
- Week 6: Stress and Strain Measurement
- Week 7: Force and Torque Measurement
- Week 8: Pressure Measurement
- Week 9: Flow Measurement
- Week 10: Temperature Measurement
- Week 11: Motion Measurement
- Week 12: Special Topics