Mechanical vibration (MV) is one of the most important applications of Mechanics. In MV, we deal with many important and practical problems that finding their solution is critical. In most cases, solutions for vibratory systems can save many human lives.
The prerequisites for studying MV are courses such as statics, dynamics, and mechanics of material. To solve problems in Mechanical vibration and a better understanding of its application a solid knowledge of all these areas is needed.
A student of MV must learn how to use the knowledge that exists to model a mechanical system with appropriate assumptions. Assumptions like a number of degrees of freedom, famous mechanics principles. The student will get familiar with deriving the equations governing the model and then solve them. Sometimes the solution for modeling results is easy to find (a small group of differential equations) and sometimes some other assumptions are needed.
The purpose of this course is to draw a guideline for students who study mechanical vibrations through many aspects of vibration analysis. Also, the course is planned to give the student the ability to design useful structures for damping annoying vibrations.
In the first chapter, you will get familiar with basic concepts in Mechanical vibrations, and also different elements used in modeling vibratory systems are introduced.
In the second and third chapters, two general cases in vibratory systems are considered, free and harmonic vibration.
in each chapter there are many practical examples that are directly connected with problems in the real world, we use these examples for more illustration.
Who this course is for:
- Mechanical Engineers
- Chemical Engineers
- Civil Engineer
- Material Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer Students
- Chemical Engineer Students
- Civil Engineer students
- Material Engineer Students
What Will I Learn?
- A depth understanding of vibration
- Modeling different vibratory systems
- Ability to derive the equation of motion of different vibratory systems
- Ability to apply proper method for solution of different equation of motions
- Ability to analyze different kinds of vibration including free and forced vibration
- Ability to design vibration absorber or shock absorber for different vehicles and reciprocating machines like pumps