What is Dynamics?
Dynamics is the study of bodies in motion. In this course, we will cover all the derivations you need for particle motion. In addition, we will work through many examples of each topic.
Feel like you are teaching yourself in class?
If you are currently taking Dynamics and you have no idea what your professor is talking about, sign up for this course! I teach in a simple, straightforward method with plenty of examples to help you learn. I show all the steps needed to solve the problems and I don’t assume you know more than you do.
We will cover these topics:
Chapter 1 – Kinematics of a Particle
- Rectilinear Motion
- Curvilinear Motion – Rectangular Coordinates
- Projectile Motion
- Curvilinear Motion – Normal & Tangential Coordinates
- Curvilinear Motion – Polar Coordinates
- Relative Motion
- Constrained Motion of Particles
Chapter 2 – Kinetics of Particles: Force & Acceleration
- Newton’s 2nd Law
- Equations of Motion
- Rectangular Coordinates
- Normal & Tangential Coordinates
Chapter 3 – Kinetics of Particles: Work & Energy
- Work of a Force
- Work & Energy
- Potential Energy
Chapter 4 – Kinetics of Particles: Impulse & Momentum
- Linear Impulse & Momentum
- Angular Momentum
- Angular Impulse & Momentum
Who this course is for:
- Undergraduate engineering students taking Dynamics who need additional teaching resources
What Will I Learn?
- Analyze particle motion using kinematics, kinetics, force & acceleration, work energy, and linear & angular impulse momentum methods