Welcome to The General Biology Course series
Biology is the study of life. In this course, you will learn the concepts of General Biology from two complementary perspectives. First, you will gain the knowledge you need for academic and or professional development. Second, you will learn how Biology relates to day to day living.
The General Biology Series will allow you to master the principles and concepts of biology at your own pace.
- Learn about the hierarchy of life on Earth.
- Learn how cells grow, produce energy, communicate, and keep living systems organized
- Learn how DNA is produced by cells
- Learn how cancers develop and spread through the body’s tissues
- Learn how parents pass genes to their children from generation to generation
- Learn about technologies like cloning and the production of genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
The General Biology Series will allow you to master the foundations of Biological study.
- Learn about the Scientific Method
- Learn about the chemical building blocks of life
- Learn about the major elements found in living systems
- And much, much more
Learning the fundamentals of biology equips you with a working knowledge of how living systems survive. This basic understanding can prepare you for a future in many different professions ranging from medicine, dentistry, nursing, and pharmacy to public health and epidemiology.
Suitable for learners of all ages, through this course of lecture videos, and online activities you will improve your scientific literacy in Biology. You will become knowledgeable of the major themes, concepts, and theories in biology that are regularly tested on standardized exams such as the MCAT, PCAT, and DAT. In addition, you will be able to explain how Biology relates to the foods you eat, the products you use, the air you breathe, and your overall health.
At the end of this course, I hope that you will have the materials you need to meet your educational goals. Equally important, I also hope that this course will enhance your appreciation for the study of life on our planet.
Who this course is for:
- Freshmen/Sophomore college students in a General Biology course
- Adult learners/Non-traditional students enrolled in a General Biology course
- High School and Home-schooled students
- Pre-dental, Pre-medical, and Pre-pharmacy students who are studying for the DAT, MCAT, and PCAT
What Will I Learn?
- Describe the chemical composition of matter
- Describe the chemical building blocks of life
- Describe the characteristics of life
- Describe the Scientific Method
- Describe the nature of molecules