Fundamentals of conduction and radiation
This is an introductory course on conduction and radiation heat transfer. This course emphasizes the fundamental concepts and provides a detailed solution methodology.
This course will provide students with the tools to model, analyze and solve a wide range of engineering applications involving conduction, radiation heat transfer.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Undergraduate students of Mechanical Engg. and similar branches; Faculty member associated with Mechanical Engg.; Practicing engineers associated with thermal/power industries.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Introduction to Heat Transfer
- Week 2: Introduction to Conduction
- Week 3: 1-D Steady-state Heat Conduction
- Week 4: Special 1-D Heat Conduction Situations
- Week 5: Heat Transfer from Extended Surfaces
- Week 6: 2-D Steady-state Heat Conduction
- Week 7: Transient Heat Conduction
- Week 8: Numerical Methods in Conduction
- Week 9: Fundamentals of Radiation Heat Transfer
- Week 10: Radiative Properties of Real Surfaces
- Week 11: Radiation Exchange between Surfaces
- Week 12: Radiation Exchange with Participating Media