Xamarin Forms. Do you have an idea for an app and want to turn that into reality? Well, if you want to build that app for iOS, you need to know Objective-C, which is an old, C-based language. The alternative is to learn Swift. If you want to build the same app for Android, you need to learn Java. And if you want to build this app for Windows, of course, you need to know C#.
Sounds like a lot of headaches. It’s not just about learning different programming languages. It’s about the fact that each platform has its own UI framework which is built with a different architecture and API.
Building apps shouldn’t be that painful. Is there a better way? Yes, there is Xamarin Forms.
Xamarin Forms is a UI framework for building native cross-platform mobile apps with C#. You code your app only once and let the Xamarin compiler build your app for each platform. As simple as that! You don’t need to learn 4 different languages and presentation frameworks!
In this course, you will take you on a pragmatic and step-by-step journey and teach you how to build native mobile apps for Android, iOS, and Windows using Xamarin Forms and C#.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to utilize their existing C# skills to build native mobile apps
- Developers who don’t want to learn Objective-C, Swift, or Java to build native apps
What Will I Learn?
- uild native mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows using C#
- Understand the fundamentals of Xamarin Forms and its architecture
- Build user-interfaces with XAML and code
- Work with images
- Present data in beautiful, interactive lists
- Implement multi-page apps with navigation, tabs, master/detail pages
- Build forms and setting pages
- Store and retrieve data from a variety of sources (file system, SQLite database and RESTful services)