This wireless security course is designed to make students familiar with the main security requirements, security vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks in wireless networks (WIFI, LTE-4G, 5G), learn the security defense protocols and paradigms for wireless networks, understand wireless physical-layer security (PLS) against eavesdropping, and wireless jamming attacks and their countermeasures, know the main methods of physical-layer authentication, and be aware of some of the open challenges and recommendations in the wireless security domain.
The main objective of this wireless security course is to introduce the students to the field of wireless security and its importance, compare between wired and wireless security, review OSI layers and state their security mechanisms, discuss the security requirements, security vulnerabilities and attacks in wireless networks (WIFI, LTE-4G, 5G), learn the security defense protocols and paradigms for wireless networks, understand wireless physical-layer security against eavesdropping, and learn wireless jamming attacks and their countermeasures, and state some open challenges and recommendations.
This course will discuss a variety of topics including the differences between the wireless network and wired network, wireless technical standards, and current and future applications of wireless technology. The course will also examine the challenges and types of (WS), its vulnerabilities, and security issues. Lastly, the course will discuss securing wireless technology and its future.
Who this course is for:
- Undergrad students and recent graduates looking to get a foothold in the wireless security Industry.
- Individuals and businesses wanting to reduce security risks and avoid potential financial losses.
- Businesses looking to prevent (WS) attacks.
- Technical managers and engineers wanting to plan a wireless security strategy.
- Technical IT professionals learning about wireless networks and security technologies.
What Will I Learn?
- Be aware of the types of wireless networks.
- Know the benefits, advantages and pitfalls of wireless networks.
- Determine if wireless security is truly secure.
- Be aware of the different types of wireless security.
- Know the different ways to secure wireless technology.
- Know the future of both wireless technology and its security.
- Understanding the meaning of wireless security and knowing its importance.
- Becoming familiar with the security requirements of wireless networks.
- Becoming familiar with the security vulnerabilities and attacks in wireless
- Learning the security defense protocols and paradigms for wireless networks
- Learning wireless physical-layer security techniques against eavesdropping, and
- wireless jamming attacks and their countermeasures.