Looking for good Vim tutorials? Vim is a lightweight, powerful editor, but most users do not need all that Vim has to offer. The Vim essentials taught in this course may be all you really need to know to be successful in your work or for personal use.
The benefit of this Vim Tutorials course is that the most high-value content for new Vim users is packaged to fit your time schedule and is delivered to you in only one hour.
Throughout the course, quizzes and exercises will help you commit to memory the material, so you’ll be ready to use your new skills right away. From there, you’ll be well-equipped to continue learning advanced Vim topics at your leisure and on an as-needed basis.
I’ve been a Network Engineer/Linux user for almost eight years and I’ve never used any Vim commands besides those taught in this course, and I use Vim almost every day. I use Vim for creating and modifying scripts, config files, and other settings on Linux machines. If that also describes you, then I’m confident this is all you need to learn the essentials of Vim.
This course is also great as a Vim refresher.
Good luck with your learning!
Who this Vim Tutorials course is for:
- I.T. professionals who are looking to level up their game.
- Students of Linux.
- Aspiring technologists who want to become more familiar and proficient with Linux or Vim.
- Developers who want to use Vim for coding but have little or no familiarity with Vim.
What Will I Learn?
- Master the essential basics of VIM without hours of material you'll possibly never use again.
- Be able to read and edit files with ease.
- Have the skills to write code using Vim.
- How to use Vimdiff to compare two files side-by-side.
- Refresh your Vim skillset if you are experienced with Vim but want a review.