SAS Base Programming
The SAS Base Programming course in a beginner level course for a SAS professional. This training has been designed to enable you to start your analytics career with SAS and prepare for the SAS Base Programmer certification.
This SAS course explores the SAS tool and different techniques to help you access and manage data, create data structures, generate reports, and handle errors. These techniques are mandatory for a professional to start working on the next SAS assignment and forms a strong base for advanced techniques and certifications.
This SAS Base Programming training presents all these concepts in an easy to understand manner, using actual coding examples and demos to clarify the concepts and present the actual method of implementation.
What Will I Learn?
- 1. Outline the steps to download and install the SAS Base Programmer tool.
- 2. Demonstrate the methods to read, process, combine, and access datasets or raw data files.
- 3. Create SAS datasets, manipulate data values, export data to create comma-delimited raw data files, and control which values in dataset are processed and presented as an output
- 4. Manage and manipulate datasets by investigating SAS data libraries; sorting observations; using conditional logic; assigning, modifying, and aggregating variable values; using DO loops and SAS arrays; and validating and cleaning data
- 5. Generate list and summary reports using different procedures, and enhance reports
- 6. Identify and resolve programming logic, syntax, and data errors