This Public Relations course will equip you with everything you need to become an expert public relations professional. It’s packed full of case studies, statistics, checklists, templates, and practical activities that bring the theory to life.
The first section of the course introduces PR and shows you why it is valuable to any business and how it has changed over the last 10 years – there have been some exciting developments that have made PR more interesting and relevant than ever before.
Then, we look at all the research you need to do before you plan a winning PR strategy.
You’ll then learn how to create stories that reinforce your brand messaging and capture your audience’s attention.
Next, we look at all the tactics required to ensure that your stories genuinely reach the right people: from media relations to social media, awards, events, and video. And we’ll cover how to write for different audiences.
Then you will learn how to bring this all together into a comprehensive public relations and communications strategy that shows what you’re going to do, why you’re going to do it, and how you’re going to do it.
We then cover important concepts that you will absolutely need to understand if you’re going to work in PR: the ethical and legal considerations of PR activity.
Finally, we look at how to have a successful PR career, including how to find a great job, choose your specialist area, and how to maximize your chances of success.
- Get help from the instructor and a community of seasoned PR pros by joining our exclusive Facebook group, where the crowd will feedback on your ideas and strategies and recommend ways in which you can increase your chances of success.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for complete beginners starting out in their public relations career. It will equip you with everything you need to be successful at PR in a digital world.
What Will You Learn?
- How to build a PR strategy that generates leads, makes your brand famous, builds a community, and attracts customers.
- How to use PR to increase traffic to your website.
- How to manage, implement, and measure the success of your PR strategy.
- How to present your PR strategy to stakeholders, get buy-in, and secure budgets.
- How to persuade journalists and influencers to endorse your company.
- How to use social media, video, content, and traditional media to gain publicity.
- How to enter awards and increase your chances of winning.
- How to launch your PR career, including finding a job and choosing a specialism.
- How to write for PR.
- How to generate your own media stories.
- How to manage a crisis/handle negative publicity.
- How to build authority and thought leadership through the media.
- How to find out which journalists are worth targeting.
- Get help from the instructor and a community of seasoned PR pros by joining our exclusive Facebook group
Introduction to Public Relations
What is Public Relations? Part 100:00
What is Public Relations? Part 200:00
Ethics in Public Relations00:00
Research and Programming00:00
Implementation and Evaluation00:00
The Life of Public Relations00:00
Reaching Diverse Audiences and Press Release Tools00:00
Public Opinion and Persuasion00:00
Digital Communication and Press Release00:00
Summary of the PR Process00:00
Overview of the Planning of Events00:00