Microprocessors and Interfacing
Microprocessors and Interfacing.
Initially, an overview of the 8086 microprocessor will be covered. Comparison with the 8-bit processor will be discussed. Later, the detailed architecture 0f 8086 will be discussed. The 8086 instructions will be covered with examples. Simple to complex programs using 8086 assembly language will be discussed. A peripheral device 8255 will be discussed in detail. Then, the interfacing of 8086 with several peripherals such as a keyboard, display, the stepper motor will be covered.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Undergraduate, postgraduate students, faculty, and industry people.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: 8086 Architecture
- Week 2: 8086 Pins and Signals
- Week 3: 8086 Instruction Set I
- Week 4: 8086 Instruction Set II
- Week 5: 8086 Instruction Set III
- Week 6: 8086 Instruction Set IV
- Week 7: 8086 Programming I
- Week 8: 8086 Programming II
- Week 9: Memory Interfacing
- Week 10: 8255 Interfacing Examples
- Week 11: Interfacing of DC and Stepper Motors
- Week 12: Interfacing of Keyboard, Display, USART