Mass Transfer Operations II
This Mass Transfer Operations II course will provide an overview of mass transfer at the basic to an intermediate level.
This course applies the concepts of diffusion and interphase mass transfer to the analysis of different unit operations such as humidification, drying, adsorption, extraction, leaching, crystallization, and membrane processes. The course synthesizes fundamental concepts and analytical skills to understand mass transfer operations and to tackle the sort of complex problems. Information on key topics will be provided in the form of a summary of lecture notes, problems, and adequate references.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Undergraduate students/Candidates from professional fields.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Humidification and air conditioning
- Week 2: Humidification and air conditioning
- Week 3: Drying Operations
- Week 4: Drying Operations
- Week 5: Liquid Extraction
- Week 6: Liquid Extraction
- Week 7: Leaching
- Week 8: Membrane Separation Technology
- Week 9: Membrane Separation Technology
- Week 10: Adsorption and Ion-exchange
- Week 11: Adsorption and Ion-exchange
- Week 12: Crystallization