Genetic Engineering: Theory and Application
Genetic Engineering: Theory and Application.
In the current MOOCs course, I have put effort to briefly discuss biotechnology, its scope, and its impact on human life with several customized products. The Development of technology and generation of product has multiple steps and understanding these steps are being covered in this course with a discussion of biotechnology application at the end. By the end of this Genetic Engineering course, students will be able to understand the following aspects of biotechnology:1. Basic metabolic pathways and their regulation.2. Microbial growth kinetics with an emphasis on fermentation3. Basic molecular biology tools used in biotechnology.4. Basic methodology for product recovery and analysis.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: UG/PG/Ph.D./Scientist in industry
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Introduction and Basics of Biological System.
- Week 2: Basics of Biological System
- Week 3: Basics of Cloning (Part I)
- Week 4: Basics of Cloning (Part II)
- Week 5: Recombinant DNA Technology (Part I)
- Week 6: Recombinant DNA Technology (Part II)
- Week 7:Product Recovery and Purification (Part I)
- Week 8: Product Recovery and Purification (Part II)
- Week 9: Characterization of Isolated Products (Part I)
- Week 10: Characterization of Isolated Products (Part II)
- Week 11: Biotechnology in Social Welfare
- Week 12:Summary & Conclusions