Fundamentals of Electric Drives
The Fundamentals of Electric Drives course aims at giving a broad overview of Electrical Drive Systems. It is assumed that the students have prior exposure to Electrical Machines and Power Electronics. The control principles of various DC and AC motors using solid-state converters are discussed. Principles of selection of Electric Motors are introduced. Some of the applications of Electrical Drives are also highlighted.
What Will I Learn?
- Introduction to Electrical Drives Dynamics of Electrical Drives Review of Torque-Speed Characteristics of DC Motor Drives.
- Solid-state Control of DC Motor Drives Controlled Rectifier-fed DC Drives
- Chopper Controlled DC Drives
- Variable Voltage/ Current, Variable Frequency Control of Induction Motor Fed from VSI and CSI Control of Slip-ring Induction Motor
- Traction Drives
- Stepper Motor and Switched Reluctance Motor Drives
Topics for this course