Fundamentals of Compressible Flow the complete guide in 2020
Fundamentals of Compressible Flow.
Gas Dynamics is a topic of fundamental interest to Mechanical and Aerospace engineers that provides a link between core subjects i.e. “Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics”.
It pertains to the basic theory of compressible flow, the formation of shock waves and expansion waves, nozzle flows. The treatment of the syllabus becomes the backbone of aerodynamic engineers towards research in the design of high-speed vehicles.
The contents of the course start with fluid and thermodynamic fundamentals followed by governing theories of compressible flow phenomena. Many aerodynamic high-speed facilities and their measurement diagnostics governed by these theories are also covered in this course.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Undergraduate and Postgraduate students of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering; Faculty member associated with Mechanical/Aerospace Streams; Practicing engineers and Scientists in Aeronautics and Space Technology
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Review Concepts of Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics
- Week 2: Wave Propagation in Compressible Medium
- Week 3: Quasi-One Dimensional Isentropic Flow
- Week 4: Normal Shock Waves
- Week 5: Expansion Waves and Oblique Shocks
- Week 6: Interaction of Shocks and Expansion Waves
- Week 7: Compressible Flow with Friction and Heat Transfer
- Week 8: Measurement Diagnostics and Experimental Facilitates for Compressible Flow