DC MOTORS (DC-Ms). Understand “How DC Motor works?” in the most simplified way. The course is designed to help students in understanding fundamental concepts and mathematical derivation. Content delivered here ensures learning new prospective for students of schools & colleges. “Easy to understand” and “Every bit to understand” are two basic blocks of this course.
Section 1: Introduction
1 Course Introduction
Section 1: Fundamental Concept of How (DC-Ms) Works
2 Parameters of Electrical & Mechanical System
3 Representation of Electric Motor as Block Diagram
4 Force produced by Permanent Magnet
5 How electric current produces force?
6 Current-Carrying Conductors Placed in Magnetic Field
7 Requirement of Arrangement to Produce Unidirectional Torque
8 How to Supply Electric Current to Rotating Coil
9 How Commutator Maintains Direction of Current
Section 2: Basic Parts of (DC-M)
11 Basic Parts ofDC MOTORS
Section 3: Role of Faraday’s law and Lenz’s law in DC MOTORS (Back emf).
12 Role of Faraday’s law and Lenz’s law in DC MOTORS (Back emf).
Section 4: Mathematical Representation of DC Motor
13 Speed Torque Equation
14 Graphical Representation
Section 5: Speed Control Methods
15 Effect of Supply Voltage
16 Effect of Adding External Resistance to Armature Winding
17 Effect of Adding External Resistance to Field Winding
Section 6: Summary
Section 7: More About (DC-Ms)
20 Controversy Effect: “Effect of Field Flux on Motor Torque”
21 Equation of Force
22 Shape and Equation of Back Emf
23 Average Value of Back Emf
24 Power Transfer
25 DC Series Motor
26 Speed Torque Characteristic s of DC Series Motor
27 Shaft Torque
28 Applications & Limitations
Section 8: Demonstrations
29 Demonstration of PM DC Motor
More contents will be added in the future as per requirement and/or request. This course is to provide answers to all questions and queries related to (DC-Ms).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone curious to know “How Electric Motor Works?”.
- Anyone wants to improve the fundamentals of (DC-Ms).
- Students ages from School & College.
- First-Year Engineering Students
- Engineering Students of Electrical Engineering & Related Branch.
What Will I Learn?
- Will have the answer to “Why Motor Starts Rotating When Supply by Voltage Source?”.
- Will understand the Role of Back-emf in Energy Conversion Process.
- Will understand “How to derive equations of motor speed?”.
- Will understand Torque Speed Relation and its Graphical Representation
- Will understand Speed Control Methods of DC Motor
- Will understand DC series Motor and its applications