DC Microgrid and Control System
Dc Microgrid and Control System.
This course is suitable for PG students studying power electronics, power systems, and system & control subjects. The course details the fundamental concepts of microgrids and their components, types of microgrids, advantages of microgrids compared to the central conventional grid. Particularly the course describes general concepts and application, control strategies, and principles of operation of DC microgrid. The course is very applicable for students and researchers from power systems, power electronics, and control system areas who research in the fast-growing and emerging renewable energy technology.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: M.Tech and Ph.D. in Power Electronics and Power system.
What Will I Learn?
- Week 1: Brief introduction and Concepts of Microgrid
- Week 2: Types of Microgrid system, Microgrids vs Central Conventional power system
- Week 3: AC and DC Microgrids, comparison between AC and DC Microgrids
- Week 4: Power Electronic Converters in Microgrid application, DC Microgrid Topologies
- Week 5: DC Power source components, application of DC Microgrids
- Week 6: DC Microgrid operations, Some Standards related with DC Power Circuit.
- Week 7: Control methods in DC Microgrid
- Week 8: Linear and nonlinear Stability system in DC Microgrid