Computer Forensics & Fundamentals
Computer Forensics Fundamentals (C|FF) is an entry-level security program covering the fundamental concepts of information security.
Through this program, students can build skills to identify information security threats that reflect on the security posture of the organization and implement general security controls.
(C|FF) will provide:
- Foundational concepts about the computer forensics field
- Understanding of hexadecimal and hashing in relations to (C|F)
- An introductory understanding of what (C|F) is
- The process of collecting digital evidence
- How do create, mount and explore forensic digital images
- Considerations for first responders to a computer crime scene
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in computer forensics to get a taste of the real world of digital forensics examination.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in (C|F)
What Will I Learn?
- Understanding what computer forensics is
- Be able to make a forensics image from a drive
- Be able to mount a drive for analysis
- Understand basic artifacts of the operating system
- Understand basics of first responder to scene and what should be done to secure the digital evidence
Topics for this course